Wednesday, July 02, 2008

OSCON 2008 - Getting in touch with the open source makers

For some reasons, I have never been able to attend OSCON so far. I have been going to the MySQL Users Conference almost every year in April, and that usually left me without a great desire of crossing the Atlantic again. This year is different. I have crossed the Atlantic already three times, and yet I am about to board a plane once more, heading for the Portland, Oregon.

OSCON 2008

And for some lucky circumstances, I am also a speaker.
I will join Ronald Bradford on the podium, to speak about (surprise surprise!) MySQL Proxy, from architecture to implementation.
I will have also my hands full in the evenings. There will be plenty of BoFs (including two that I will host) and parties, social gatherings, competitions, which I plan to enjoy for my personal enlightenment, not only to fulfill my duties.
I am looking forward to meet old friends and to make new ones.

No comments: